A downloadable game for Windows
Explore a dying galaxy in this high-octane, story-driven twin-stick shooter. Upgrade your arsenal and gun your way through dynamic, fully destructible environments. Can you find a New Earth?
Discover the mystery
With an 18,000+ word script, Goldspace features multiple endings and optional missions. Bond with your crew, negotiate with rogue opportunists and discover the dark truth behind your mission.
Play the way you want
Take your pick of weapons as you torch, freeze, or blast your own way through 40+ enemy types. Cause reactive destruction by burning fuel, setting off alarms, damaging engines, and more.
Explore a galaxy
Fly your ship where you want to go, whether that means targeting alien outposts, wealthy merchant ships, or derelict wrecks. Upon arrival, explore immense levels with secrets and multiple routes to each goal.
Join the community:
On our discord server to stay up to date and post bugs!
Is this a full game?
Yes! Depending on your playstyle you will need 6-12 hours to play through not taking the hidden side missions on the star map into account.
Get the soundtrack if you want to support it and share the game with your friends.
- Expansive, non-linear levels
- Advanced dialogue system with unlockable hidden content
- Light RPG elements for leveling up health and hacking
- Robust shop for purchasing and upgrading equipment
- Fully customizable controls including gamepad support
- 40+ enemies ranging from mutated aliens to defense sentinels
- 20+ levels (including 5+ secret levels)
- Multiple endings with different narrative and gameplay structures
- Expansive space map with optional locations
- Deep lore and backstory
- A game by Bombini
- Writer and Narrative Designer: Hershall Cook (@hershallcook)
- Testing and motivation boost: Hershall Cook and Bo Derrick
- Soundtrack by Muchkin (https://soundcloud.com/muchkinmusic) and Sebastian Nußbaum
- Tile art based on space rogue tile from Oryx (http://oryxdesignlab.com)
- Start screen, logo, and spaceships in encounters by Valery Kim (https://twitter.com/849Kim)
- Intro screens and dialogue portraits by Ivan Alifanov (https://twitter.com/vizgoovizg)
- Decision portraits: Midio (http://midio.co)
- Intro Voice-Over: Chuck Matthews
|Release date||Feb 27, 2021|
|Tags||Destruction, Exploration, Explosions, Pixel Art, Retro, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Stencyl, Story Rich, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
Please join our discord server to stay up to date and get help if you run into bugs.
- Small bug fixes again :)Mar 12, 2021
- More small fixesMar 09, 2021
- Small bug fixesMar 02, 2021
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Wow.... just... WOW! I love this game.
Thank you very much! Make sure to follow me to get infos on new games.
looks amazing only from the trailer
also free ??
I hope you add co-op story if possible
Thanks for your kind words!
I was planning for it but dropped it due to complexity and costs.
As you know the game is for free and quite complex.
Share the game if you want to spuuort me.
this game is Amazing!!! i love it
Thank you :)
For a game I randomly stumbled upon while browsing itch at 2am, I was really surprised by this one.
Its extremely well polished and very fun experience, I'm really surprised its available for free.
Thanks for the kind feedback!
I remember that game on Stencyl forum :3
Yes thank you :)
This is such a nice game! Thanks for creating.
Man, I remember seeing this when I frequented the Stencyl forums, back when it was "Space Pirate game" or something like that. Congratulations on the big 1.0!
Yes it changed quite a bit since then ;)
Looking forward to trying it out!