This is such a nice game! Thanks for creating.
A downloadable game for Windows
Explore a dying galaxy in this high-octane, story-driven twin stick shooter. Upgrade your arsenal and gun your way through dynamic, fully destructible environments. Can you find a New Earth?
With an 18,000+ word script, Goldspace features multiple endings and optional missions. Bond with your crew, negotiate with rogue opportunists, and discover the dark truth behind your mission.
Take your pick of weapons as you torch, freeze, or blast your own way through 40+ enemy types. Cause reactive destruction by burning fuel, setting off alarms, damaging engines, and more.
Fly your ship where you want to go, whether that means targeting alien outposts, wealthy merchant ships, or derelict wrecks. Upon arrival, explore immense levels with secrets and multiple routes to each goal.
Join the community:
On our discord server to stay up to date and post bugs!
Is this a full game?
Yes! Get the soundtrack if you want to support it.
- Expansive, non-linear levels
- Advanced dialogue system with unlockable hidden content
- Light RPG elements for levelling up health and hacking
- Robust shop for purchasing and upgrading equipment
- Fully customizable controls including gamepad support
- 40+ enemies ranging from mutated aliens to defense sentinels
- 20+ levels (including 5+ secret levels)
- Multiple endings with different narrative and gameplay structures
- Expansive space map with optional locations
- Deep lore and backstory
- A game by Bombini
- Writer and Narrative Designer: Hershall Cook (@hershallcook)
- Testing and motivation boost: Hershall Cook and Bo Derrick
- Soundtrack by Muchkin (https://soundcloud.com/muchkinmusic) and Sebastian Nußbaum
- Tile art based on space rogue tile from Oryx (http://oryxdesignlab.com)
- Startscreen, logo and spaceships in encounters by Valery Kim (https://twitter.com/849Kim)
- Intro screens and dialogue portraits by Ivan Alifanov (https://twitter.com/vizgoovizg)
- Decision portraits: Midio (http://midio.co)
- Intro Voice Over: Chuck Matthews
|Release date||45 days ago|
|Tags||Destruction, Exploration, Explosions, Pixel Art, Sci-fi, Singleplayer, Story Rich, Twin Stick Shooter|
|Average session||A few minutes|
|Inputs||Keyboard, Gamepad (any)|
Please join our discord server to stay up to date and get help if you run into bugs.
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
Man, I remember seeing this when I frequented the Stencyl forums, back when it was "Space Pirate game" or something like that. Congratulations on the big 1.0!
Looking forward to trying it out!